Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dinette Table Leg


I have this old table on my back deck.  I was thinking how "blah" the current dinette table leg was in Josephine and what I might be able to replace it with that was consistent with my cottage decor.  Ha!  How about I make it look like this?


So, I had my daughter make a template out of posterboard and extend it by 2 inches to meet the height I needed. Then I traced it onto a 1/2" piece of plywood I had left over from some previous cuts.


I cut it out, sanded it down and primed it really well.  Then put on two coats of the blue color I was using on the rest of the cabinets and distressed it.  It put on a final coat of antique glaze to finish up. 



Here is what it looks like finished and in place inside the camper!  Much cuter than the original.  The table doesn't look level in this picture but it is in person.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment