Monday, July 18, 2011

The Chandelier

I found a cute little chandelier at Lowe's on sale.  I thought it would really glam up my little trailer so I snatched it up and starting planning how I would get it to stay up there safely while riding down the road.  I found this really shallow ceiling fan box which was perfect!


I used some angle brackets and attached it between two of the roof slats so it would remain secure up top.



I had to protect the wire as it moved into the box but the normal brackets wouldn't work since they sat too high.  I found this piece of tubing laying around the garage and cut it open along the side.  It fit around the edge of the metal so it forms a cushion.  I wouldn't want the wire getting worn through with all the movement going down the road!


This is how the box looked once it was installed.  The roof rafters sit on top of the side walls and are screwed down with wood screws. Insulation board will go between the rafters and then everything will be wrapped in Tyvek before the metal roof gets screwed down.


Now what do you think of this!?!?  I LOVE it!  It really looks beautiful lit up at night and takes the interior decor to the next level.  I was so happy that it turned out so well.  This picture shows my two favorite items in the whole trailer...the chandelier and the wine rack! 


No comments:

Post a Comment