Sunday, February 27, 2011

Floor Work

Well, the walls and cabinets finally came out and I am down to the floor and trailer frame.  I had to have a friend come and spot weld one of the braces at the door threshold.  It had broken loose.  I ended up with four floor patches....the back two corners and back frame was replaced.  The door threshold was rotten and there was a hole in the floor where the battery acid had leaked.  I finished all the patch work/bracing then finished laying the new floor and I LOVE IT!


It is a new Armstrong product that was easy peasy.  Linoleum "planks" that link up with sticky edges and basically float on top of the old flooring.  I went with "country pine".  I love the rough hewn look of it.  I think it will go well with the beadboard walls.  I also think I will be able to easily match it with a natural stain on the birch ceiling.

I hit Goodwill AGAIN.  Here are a few of the things I picked up:


Brand new luxe pillow shams from Italy.  Really!  From Italy. They actually had tags still on them for....get this....$180.00 a pair!!!  Are you kidding me?  People actually pay that much for a pair of pillow shams???  I got them for $18.  I usually don't pay that much for things at Goodwill but they were brand new and very high end material so I snatched them up faster than lightening and danced a little jig all the way to the check out.  :o)

Vintage glasses for 50 cents each.  I picked up 6 of them.  I remember drinking out of these kinds of glasses when I was a little girl in the 70s.  Ours were green but I like the clear better. 

How about this vintage aluminum canister set for $5.  Very retro.  I don't know exactly how they will work in the trailer but I will figure something out....they are too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment