Sunday, January 23, 2011

My First Vintage Trailer Adventure

I recently purchased an early model Serro Scotty Highlander travel trailer and just got it home! There is just something really neat about these little rooms on wheels.  I thought it would be cool to get one, fix her up and hit the road.  I have to confess that the hubby doesn't share my excitement but I am holding out hope that if I make it comfortable enough he will reconsider.  Maybe the addition of the porta potti in the closet will be the ticket :o)

I thought I would venture into the world of blogging to document my progress.  That makes two new ventures for me.  You know what?  I am turning 44 soon so maybe this is my way of addressing the midlife crisis "thang".  My husband just shakes his head but he pretty much let's me do what I want....isn't that the secret to a good marriage?

Back to the Scotty. I picked her up in the Georgia mountains from a nice man named Dave. He helped me hitch her up and even called me during my 3 hour ride back to make sure I was ok.  Sweet.  Here is an outside picture.  I will be spending the next day or two taking inventory and prioritizing the repairs needed to get her ready for this summer.  I expect to learn a lot with this experience and am actually excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment