Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inside My Trailer

Wow!  How do I explain the first walk through of my Scotty. Let's put it this way...the first picture from 30 feet away (in my first post) looks pretty good huh? Good bones. Cute paint.  Nice awning. I love the floor plan of this Scotty.  For being such a small trailer she will easily sleep two adults and two kids or three adults and a kid.  It has plenty of headroom for anyone tall who may happen to use it. (That wouldn't be me....I look up to everyone in my family....even my 13 year old daughter.)  Inside the Scotty, well it is drab, drab, drab.  Vintage can be nice but this interior has me yawning and grabbing a Clorox bottle at the same time.
The interior is original except for the fridge and microwave.  There are a few wall boards that were replaced that are not original either.  The plan is for all the interior walls and ceiling to be updated.  I am hoping that repairs will be mainly cosmetic but I am not that optimistic.  This gal is over 40 years old and it looks like she has some leaks, some rotten wood here and there and the roof is a Big Mama Mess!  I will post detailed pictures of the YUK YUK as soon as I can.  For right now I just want to bask in my day dreams of how glamorous she is going to look when I get finished with her and all the fun places we will go when she gets her shine on!





Here is my goal.  Transform her by October 2011 so I can take her to the Lake Eden Arts Festival and get out of the tents. Wow.  That is only 9 months away.  I will have to work fast.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog on renovating old trailer. I have 2 trailers in my driveway that I want to redo. I am wondering if I need to patch them up or completely redo the whole thing, there is so much water damage. I dont know if I can do it, you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete